Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Wedding Flowers in a Jar

After my wedding, I really wanted to dry my bouquet so I could put it in a vase and keep it for a while. My mom tried to dry it for me, but because of the type of flowers that were in it, it didn't exactly turn out to be a showpiece. My mom came up with the idea of putting the petals from the flowers in a vase so I could still keep them. Great idea, but I'm not really a flower petals kind of person, so I put the intact blooms in a jar instead. I carefully removed the roses from my bouquet and arranged them inside of a mason jar. I was only able to salvage the roses, since the daisies were very wilted and weren't very aesthetically pleasing. My mom also dried my bridesmaids' flowers, so I did the same thing with those, removing a few flowers from each bouquet to represent each of my beautiful friends.

Both jars - Bridesmaids' flowers and bride's flowers

Bridesmaids' flowers

My flowers
I don't have before pictures of the bouquets since they were so sad. You could probably add some ribbon to the outside of the jar for a more decorative look or add in other objects from the wedding to make it more of a wedding memory jar. I like it simple though, so mine are just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment