Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Quiet Book - Name Page

I'm so excited about this project. While I'm not really reusing any materials to make this one, I still think that it is share-worthy. I had previously posted my plans for Baby Bear's quiet book and I'm happy to say that I was able to get started on it this week. Since I'm spending almost every free moment I have studying for the GRE, I have only finished one page so far. Here it is:


This will be the inside cover page. The tops of the cupcakes have velcro on the backs and are interchangeable. The bottoms are sewed onto the felt of the page.The name pieces are also removable so Baby Bear can learn how to spell her name. I used felt for all of the pieces and the background. The removable pieces are doubled felt pieces with velcro sewn on the back. I put the opposite velcro piece on the background where the pieces are supposed to go. When I bind the book, I will put interfacing in between the felt pages to give it stability (as you can see, it's pretty floppy), and I'll sew the pages together using the one inch margin I'm leaving on each page. 

The cupcakes didn't turn out quite as I hoped, but since I didn't have a template or anything to go from, I think they'll work. 

Can't wait to get the GRE over with so I can work on more pages!!

No comments:

Post a Comment