Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Quiet Book - Lacing/Tying Page

Baby Bear's quiet book has another page! Yay for federal holidays and the hubs being home :) I'm trying to create the pages in order of difficultly, and this one was super easy. This is her lacing/tying page, done in a girly way. The ballet shoe is made out of felt, glued on and then sewn on for extra durability. The ribbon is 1/4" gro-grain. I sewed the ends of the ribbon underneath the ballet shoe. Then I sewed four, 2" pieces of pink elastic into loops and attached them to the page in pairs. The elastic kind of looks like it might have been meant for underwear, but it will work for now. If I find something different, I might change it to make it look nicer. The tutu at the top is just there for extra decoration and texture on the page. I took a strip of pink tulle and pleated it, pinned it, and sewed it on. Since I don't have a sewing machine, everything was done by hand. The margin on the left side is left purposefully for binding at a later date.



I think this page turned out great and will add an extra girly touch to an educational activity :)

No comments:

Post a Comment