Tuesday, January 31, 2012

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!!

My niece and nephew are Mickey and Minnie obsessed. Miss B is about to have a Minnie-themed 3rd birthday party! While the hubs and I were walking through Home Depot after church, I spied some Mickey Mouse paint samples and thought to myself, I could make some pretty awesome garland for the Mouseketeers with that! The paint samples are in the Behr brand section, in case you want to make this project. I grabbed one mouse in each color, which added up to a huge stack and some screwy looks from the person who was working in the paint department.



Mickey Mouse Garland:
1. Gather your supplies. 

Supplies: Hot glue gun, yard stick or ruler, Mickey paint samples, all-purpose twine.
2. Cut out all of the mouse heads VERY carefully from the paint samples. 
3. Arrange the mouse heads in whatever color pattern you want, creating a stack so you can just take one off the top and glue that bad boy on.
4. Space a few mouse heads out, color facing DOWN, about 2 inches apart (use yard stick for this). 
5. Measure out about 20 inches of twine from the spool to use as the end space for tying, hanging etc, and leave this as open space. Beginning after the 20" mark on your twine, you will press the twine into the hot glue.
6. Spread a little bit of hot glue onto the tops of the mouse ears, then carefully press the twine into the glue. Allow the glue to dry for a few seconds before moving the Mickey.
8. Measure 2 inches of twine from the first mouse head, the repeat step 6.
7. Repeat until you've used up all of the Mickey's or until you've reached desired length. Measure out another 20 inches of free space and cut the twine off of the spool.

The finished product! It looks pretty good hanging on Baby Bear's dresser!



You could use any kind of string/yarn/ribbon for this project, I just happened to have some twine on hand and I thought it looked cool.

Hopefully Little Man and Miss B will be doing the "Hot Dog" dance when they see their Mickey garland! Now my sister just needs to find some neutral territory to hang it in :) Oh, and yes, I will accept the "Most Awesomest Auntie Ever" award.

No comments:

Post a Comment