Monday, March 12, 2012

Recycled Mini-Keg Planters

This project is for the beer drinkers! My husband actually came up with the idea for this and created these awesome planters, but I think he'll be ok with me sharing it.

I don't know about any of you, but we're pretty serious when it comes to drinking our favorite summer beers. Bell's Oberon, a delicious summer beer that can be described accurately as "sunshine in a bottle," is a staple in my house year round. We've gone so far as to import it by the case from Michigan when we were unable to buy it in our local area. And really, what better way to enjoy your favorite beer than from a mini-keg? (We really aren't drunks, just enjoy a good beer!) The hubs took one of our empty mini-kegs from a few years ago and cut the top off of it. He drilled a few holes in the bottom for drainage and we had a unique planter container!!

Unfortunately, I don't have step by step pictures of this project, but I do know that he used his Dremmel to cut the top of the keg off and a regular drill bit to drill the drainage holes.
Before: Empty mini-keg

Cut this top part off and drill holes in the bottom part

Finished product!


To make this project even better, Bell's changes their label design a little bit each year, so we have a few slightly different planters from over the years! Motivation to drink a summer beer? I think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment