Friday, March 23, 2012

Quiet Book - FINISHED!!

Well, it only took me about 3 months of working on Baby Bear's quiet book whenever I could get a few minutes, but it's DONE! Finally!! I ended up binding the pages together using some quilting thread and sewing through all of the pages in the margin, then through a piece of pellon that I placed inside of the cover. Sewing through the pellon piece will hold the pages in place and gives the book the stability that a hard cover book has.

For the cover, I used flannel. I figured that flannel is soft to the touch, yet strong enough to stand up to some use. I also sewed a pocket on the back cover and an "A" initial on the front cover out of some leftover fabric I had from Baby Bear's nursery projects. For the closure, I sewed a button onto the front cover and sewed together two long pieces of the flannel, attaching them to the back cover and adding a button hole. I ran a seam all of the way around the cover and stuffed it with a very thin layer of organic cotton stuffing to give the cover some body. I still need to get some no-fray to put on the covers so the edges don't look like a hot mess, but of course I forgot to grab it in what was a disaster of a trip to the craft store this morning, so it will have to wait until next time I go.

Take a tour of Baby Bear's quiet book!!

Cover

Dress-up Page

Winter and Spring Pages

Summer and Fall Pages


Shapes Puzzle and Lacing/Tying Page



Doggy/Buckle and Clock Pages

Name Page
Back Cover

For details on how each page was made, please visit my other "quiet book" posts. If you have any questions or comments regarding this project, please feel free to leave them in the comments section below! 
I'll try my best to answer them!

No comments:

Post a Comment