Thursday, December 22, 2011

Recycled Map Wall Art

It's no secret that my favorite place in the world is Michigan. When I started thinking about how to decorate our sterile white walled guest room to make it a little more welcoming, I decided that I wanted to use as much recycled and repurposed materials as possible. The walls/ceiling in the room as typical for an upstairs - angled and sloped. I decided that a Michigan themed room would be fun since most of our visitors are residents of Pure Michigan. There was an old state map in my car that I cut out and mod podged onto some foam board, then cut the Great Lakes out from the foam board around it. We also had some old license plates that I hung on the wall. There's still a ton more work to be done up there, including an "East Lansing" themed wall, but here's what I've made so far:




When the room is completely done, it's going to be an awesome guest space. I guess that means you should probably come visit and see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment