Thursday, December 8, 2011

DIY Memo Board

When I picked out the "forest" theme for baby bear's room, I figured that I'd be able to find tons of coordinating accessories since "eco" is in right now. Wrong. I really wanted a memo board to put above her changing table to display pictures of family since we live so far away from all of them. After lots of searching, I decided to just make my own, and did it from 50% recycled materials :)

I cut a piece of a cardboard box to the size of rectangle I wanted, then, using a staple gun and some glue, covered the front of it with bubble wrap. We found pine tree fabric at Hobby Lobby that worked perfectly, so I used about 3/4 of a yard of it to cover the board. Brown ribbon stretched diagonally across the board made the picture holders, secured onto the back by the staple gun. We also found neat wooden animals at Hobby Lobby that I super glued thumb tacks to the back of and stuck into the board over the criss-crosses in the ribbon. Easy, cheap, and recycled :)

1 comment:

  1. I did the same thing for my daughter a couple years back, but used a piece of corkboard and hot glue instead.

    ReplyDelete