Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Who Needs Snow?

Having grown up in the Great White North, I'm used to having snow by now. Waking up to a white blanket of frozen goodness coating the yard was just expected on Christmas morning, but now, living south of the Mason-Dixie, it's an impossible dream. I'm one of those crazy people who LOVES snow and everything about it. Especially around Christmas time. And I LOVE Christmas. And decorating for Christmas. And baking for Christmas. And Christmas music. And Christmas lights. Pretty much, I love everything about Christmas, from the shopping to the family parties and midnight church on Christmas Eve. I can only hope that my daughter will love Christmas as much as I do, and that her daddy continues to support my Christmas craziness.

Moving to a new state just before the holidays means having to find new craft stores and a new farm to get our tree from. Alas, it was taken me just over a week to succeed at both of these things. Where there's a will, there's a way. After a trip to two different stores complete with three separate screaming fits by my 3 month old daughter, I came home with a starter wreath for my front door and some goodies to decorate it with. The baby bear and I made a wreath that I think looks pretty darn good, considering it's my first project of this sort ever.

Also, since last year, my husband sat in his car for two hours and secretly stitched my name onto my stocking, I thought I would do something extra special for his this year. Hubs is in love with bacon, so I made his name in bacon letters.
It doesn't get much more awesome than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment