Thursday, February 23, 2012

Quiet Book - Fall page

This page.. Well, it didn't turn out how I was planning, but I think it still turned out ok. I was originally planning to make this a counting page, with 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 leaves of the same color that were matched up to a basket with their number. But, after I started making the leaves, I realized they would be way too small and a choking hazard for the little lady until she got a bit older, so I came up with this instead. 

 
The tree and grass are felt and are sewn on. The rake is also felt. I left the bristles loose so the baby can feel them for texture. The leaves each have a number 1-5 and have a piece of velcro on the back. The leaves can be taken off and put on the grass to be "raked" up. The title is made from a scrap piece of fabric and the other letters are sewn on. 

Here's the leaves on the grass. 

I think this one turned out pretty nice despite the design issues. One page left to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment