Saturday, February 25, 2012

Quiet Book - Clock page

This was the LAST page to put together for Baby Bear's quiet book!!! Since so many kids that I've worked with have been unable to read a traditional clock due to the prevalence of digital clocks, I felt that it was extremely important to include one in this book. Other than creating a clock out of felt, I had no ideas about how to design this page. I decided to add pictures of things that the time could be told for, like breakfast, bed and church. And, let's be honest, what's a quiet book without a picture of bacon in it somewhere? It turned it better than I had hoped. I embroidered the numbers on the clock and the words on the page. The hands of the clock have a loop attached to them that goes around the button so that they can turn. This probably isn't the best method to made the hands turn, but it works.



Now that I have all of the fun parts done, I get to bind them together and make a cover! Finished book pictures coming in a few weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment