Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Very Homemade Christmas

It's been forever since I've updated and I apologize for my hiatus. I've been working on starting my own crafting venture and dealing with lots of other things that we'll just call "life." With Christmas quickly approaching, I've begun to decorate my house and came to the realization that while my existing stash of decor worked perfect for our smaller former residence, I have lots more space to fill this year. For most people, this would have a simple solution: buy more crap. I'm not into buying more useless stuff that I'll just have to weed out when we move again in another few years, so I'm opting for making everything I add to my holiday display. I'm trying to make everything from things I've reused, pinecones/sticks I can find in my yard, and stuff that I'll be ok with leaving behind in a few years. After all, Christmas isn't about "stuff," but about celebrating the birth of our Savior. I'll be posting projects in the next few days as I complete them and also posting my not-so-secret product that will be available on Etsy in just a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment